But first, today is the day. The day after Snapchat launched their IPO, I launch my blog’s IPO. Well, not exactly. I’m just letting Instagram/Facebook/Twitter friends know I started a blog. I expect just as much fanfare as Snapchat. Please direct all questions and inquiries to Burrito.
Now that that’s out of the way, here are a few of my favorite blogs:
- The Daily Tay. Man oh man, this is the blog I check a few times a day. Taylor is the author and she has a terrific, self-deprecating humor. Even though blogging does seem to be her full time job (in addition to a pretty cool apparel Etsy shop), she doesn’t take it or herself too seriously. She has a very rambunctious and human-like Viszla named Harlow. Even better than her blog are her Snapchats/Insta Stories. If you’re looking for someone with a perfectly put together life who will make you feel really bad about yours, look elsewhere because, with pitch perfect wit, Taylor pokes fun (all in good fun!) at that kind of perfection. A+ blog, highly recommend.
- Lake Shore Lady. Lauren seems the kind of friend you’d want to have throw you a bridal shower or a birthday party. Her photo shoots are always top notch and her recipes look delicious (and pretty easy…I’ve never tried any, but I’ve definitely thought, “Mmm, that looks pretty good. Oh, it has more than three ingredients? Way over my head!”). She’s also a yogi, which I love!
- Sequins and Stripes. I’ve really enjoyed following Liz’s little family these past few years. My friend recommended this blog to me after I got engaged and Liz had just gotten married in Chicago and she suggested I check it out. Well, her wedding was gorgeous and I’ve been following her for over two years now and it’s been really fun! It’s mostly a fashion blog and even the stuff I’m not a huge fan of, I can still appreciate how she’s styled it. I started following her blog right after her son was born so I kind of feel like I’ve watched him grow up which, frankly, seems really creepy. That said, he’s a particularly adorable kid.
- Aspiring Kennedy. Like with Liz from Sequins and Stripes, I feel like I’ve watched Lauren’s kids grow up on Instagram and I’ve never met them…and they live 4,000 miles away in London. Aspiring Kennedy was truly one of the very first blogs I ever read and I fell in love with Lauren and Tyler’s story and their life abroad. The travel bug has never really bitten me, but I so enjoy watching their life and travels abroad. And, again, really cute kids.
- Helene in Between. Helene and her husband recently moved from Nashville to Heidelberg, Germany so her’s is a combination travel blog and, fortunately for me, a blog about blogging. Reading her tips have actually been enormously helpful. She’s been blogging before blogging was a thing, so she knows a thing or two.
This is by no means a comprehensive list–these are just a few I love and have been following for a really long time.
Goodbye for meow.