Happy Friday, everybody! Working for the weekend, am I right?!? At any rate, here’s some stuff…
- Kind Bars. Specifically, the maple glazed pecan and seat salt flavor. I really have nothing more to say other than these are absolutely delicious and they only have 5 grams of sugar (which really isn’t that much, all things considered). I eat one every day as a mid-afternoon snack. I eat a lot of snacks. It’s normal.
- Portraits of Courage: A Commander in Chief’s Tribute to America’s Warriors by George W. Bush. I really want this book. Look, I get that he might not be everyone’s most favorite president and that’s OK, but he was on Ellen and it was terrific and proceeds from the book go to helping post-9/11 veterans. Can’t think of a better thing to spend $35 on.
- My cat is weird. David figured out that every time one of us turns on the stove, Burrito immediately jumps up to the top of the cupboards and it’s at least 15 degrees warmer up there. She has her own personal steam room. And, even better, she has cognition! My cat is both weird and very, very smart.
- Relief. Such relief that my blog got a decent reception after I let my social media friends know that it existed. Everyone was really nice and no trolls so far (I think you only get trolls once you actually have a readership…so, ya know, something to work toward).
- Pilates. As I’ve talked about (extensively), I love yoga. But, I also love Pilates and I think the two really complement one another. One a typical week, I do yoga 5-6 days a week and a Pilates Reformer class once a week. Granted I’ve only been to one studio, but I think Fuse Pilates in DC is, hands down, the best. Their Reformer classes are awesome–it’s a great work out, but it’s not exhausting. That said, you will definitely feel it the next day.
Goodbye for meow.