Calling these ‘cookies’ is maybe a little generous, but calling them oat clusters seems uncharitable to their deliciousness.
These treats couldn’t have been any easier. To make the basic version of these bad boys:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with tin foil
- Mash up two ripe bananas (I used a potato masher, but you could use a fork too)
- Mix in 1 cup of rolled oats–let them sit for 5-10 minutes (the mashed ‘naners soften up the oats)
- This step is totally optional, but I mixed in just a tiny drop of almond extract, a shake of cinnamon, a spoonful of chia seeds, a handful of sliced almonds, and a handful of dried cranberries. Repeat mixing.
- Plop the dollops on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or so. (This recipe makes about a dozen small/medium cookies)
Blam-o, you’re done! Now, kick back and wait for the compliments to roll in on your baking abilities…
Goodbye for meow.