5 Things Friday. Hopefully you’re spending your weekend doing something much more exciting than packing.
5. Children Invade Dad’s TV Spot. Children are, I’m told, a blessing. This video of a guy talking about the South Korean President’s impeachment while his kids disrupt him is too good not to share. I love how the daughter marches into the room, followed immediately by the baby who rolls on in.
4. Lululemon Align Pants. By far my favorite yoga pants–they have a very light compression so you feel ‘held in’ rather than ‘sucked in.’ Be careful with the lighter colors though, they do show sweat. And that’s all I’ll say on the matter. Athleta appears to have a similar style pant, the Salutation Pant, for $20 less that I’d like to give a try.
3. Relationship Status: Cats. My new errand running bag and I couldn’t be happier. I walked around the apartment last night, wearing the bag, and telling David we were no longer married because my relationship status is CATS. I’m delightful and not at all annoying to live with.
2. Rose’s Luxury. For my final dinner out in DC, my friends and I are going to the Michelin starred restaurant, Rose’s Luxury. They don’t take reservations so my dear, dear friends are going to wait in line and I’ll join them once David and I are done packing for the day. Given that people pay $25-50 for a professional line-waiter at this restaurant, not having to wait in said line is a tremendous going away gift.
1. Girl and the Goat. One more restaurant to round things out. My friend and my co-worker got my a gift certificate to Girl and the Goat as a going away gift. If you live in Chicago, you’ve definitely heard of this restaurant and, even if you don’t live in Chicago you may have heard of it. I’ve never been and based on their Open Table availability, I’ll have to wait a little while. Items like bleu cheese sweet potato pierogies and escargot ravioli have me pretty jazzed about trying this Chicago hot spot.
Goodbye for meow.